Great Frontier Donate
Terms and Conditions
Fundraising Program Terms and Conditions
The Great Frontier Donate Program (the "Program") was established by Frontier to benefit community organizations in need by making monetary donations based on qualifying sales of specified Frontier products.
How the Program Works
Your organization must complete an enrollment application. To get started, go to www.greatfrontierdonate.com and follow the detailed application instructions. Once enrolled, your organization will be assigned a unique Tracking Code. Your organization will then qualify for a donation each time a customer calls the special Great Frontier Donate sales telephone number and provides your Tracking Code when ordering a qualifying product ("Referral Customer"). Subject to the terms discussed below, qualifying products and associated donations are as follows:
- High Speed Internet - $50
- Frontier Fast, Lite, Max, Stand Alone
- Frontier FiOS® Internet
- Frontier Business High Speed Internet
- Frontier Telephone Calling Plans - $25 per line
- Digital Phone with either Region, State or Nationwide Unlimited Calling
- Business Unlimited
- Business Metro
- Business Essentials
- Freedom for Business
- Frontier Secure Services - $10
- Minimum bundle of 2 services; including but not limited to Expert Care, Internet Security Suite, Hard Drive Back Up, Unlimited Tech Support
Not all services are available in all areas
The FiOS marks are owned by Verizon Trademark Services LLC and used under license.
- To participate in the program, the organization must provide a contact name, mailing address, email address and telephone number and website. The organization must agree to comply with the terms and conditions of the Program. When all the required information is provided, Frontier will confirm that the organization is a "Program Participant." Frontier Communication can deny participation to any organization for any reason.
- To qualify for a donation for a Program Participant, all of the following must be met:
- The receiving entity has a Tracking Code.
- The order is for a qualified product placed by calling the special Great Frontier Donate sales telephone number and the Tracking Code is provided. Orders placed through other Frontier sales channels do not qualify for a donation.
- The product is new to the customer's account - changing, upgrading or renewing a product already on the account does not qualify for a donation.
- The qualifying product must be installed by the Referral Customer within sixty (60) days of the order date or, if otherwise specified, in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to that product.
- The qualifying product ordered remains on the Referral Customer's account for a minimum of 60 days after installation.
- Frontier grants Program Participants permission to reproduce and/or distribute material related to the Program that Frontier, in its sole discretion, might provide either in electronic or printed form. Frontier also grants Program Participants permission to use the Frontier logo, trademarks and service marks ("Marks") solely in connection with publicizing their participation in the Program and in a manner that is not damaging to Frontier's name or reputation. Marks may only be used if they are exact copies of the Marks used by Frontier.
- All sales are governed by Frontier's existing sales policies and procedures. Neither enrollment in the Program nor use of a Tracking Code confers any special rights or entitlement to purchase any Frontier products, nor does Frontier's refusal to sell to any Referral Customer create any right or claim on the part of that customer or a participating organization.
- Participation in Frontier's fundraising program shall not create any agency, employment, partnership or joint venture relationship between Frontier and the Program Participant. Neither Program participants nor Referral Customers are authorized to act on behalf of Frontier in any manner whatsoever.
- Frontier complies with confidentiality laws and regulations, and privacy policies that protect its customers. For this reason, any reports regarding an organization's participation will not include names, phone numbers or other information identifying the individual customers who have submitted that organization's Tracking Code.
- Frontier reserves the right to refuse the enrollment of any applicant or terminate the participation of any Program Participant. A Program Participant may terminate its enrollment in the Program at any time by notifying its Frontier state contact.
- Program Participants and Referring Customers agree to receive information and other materials concerning the Great Frontier Donate Program and Frontier services and promotions via first class mail, email, telephone or any other reasonable mode of communication.
- If a 501c nonprofit receives funding from the Frontier Foundation, it may not use that funding to directly benefit Frontier, including events or activities that promote Great Frontier Donate.
FRONTIER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE GREAT FRONTIER DONATE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE OR ANY OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
FRONTIER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE GREAT FRONTIER PROGRAM OR AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER. IN PARTICULAR, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, FRONTIER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.